Caller ID on TV
Caller ID on TV is not available in the Southern California region (Los Angeles County) and is not compatible with analog receivers or CableCARDS.
The content below explains basic information about Caller ID on TV. To find out how to use the feature on your Spectrum Receiver, find your guide and read the detailed instructions on how to use Caller ID on TV on your Spectrum Receiver.
Digital TV Service
Caller ID on TV is only available if you subscribe to a Spectrum Digital TV package.
Spectrum Voice Phone Service
Caller ID on TV is only available with select Spectrum Voice packages.
Basic phone service does not qualify for CIDTV unless you purchased optional Caller ID.
CIDTV only works with the primary phone number. TV call alerts do not appear for incoming calls on secondary phone numbers or distinctive ring numbers.
When an incoming call is received, the TV alert displays for several seconds, alternating between the caller's name and number, before disappearing automatically.
Impacts to Recordings
If you are recording and watching a program you will see the caller information unless you turn off CIDTV, however if you are recording to watch a program later, your program will not record any Caller ID on TV information. You will be able to see the call in the call logs.
TroubleshootingCalls not displaying
- CIDTV may be turned off. Check the settings to verify Notification is turned set to "On."
- If your guide features the Snooze feature, it may be active. Check to verify if the Snooze feature is set to "On." Change the setting to "Off" to re-activate CIDTV. Note: This feature is not available on all guides.
- Refresh your Spectrum Receiver to reset the functionality. Note: If you refresh your Spectrum Receiver, it may take up to 24 hours for your Caller ID on TV feature to reactivate.
- Verify you subscribe to a Spectrum Voice phone package that includes Caller ID and the Spectrum Receiver can support CIDTV.
- You may have a mixture of Spectrum Receivers in your home where some can support CIDTV and others cannot, refer to requirements at the beginning of this article to determine if your equipment supports CIDTV.
- If you have just installed Spectrum Voice service, you won't receive CIDTV alerts for up to 48 hours after activation of service.
- If you're receiving Caller ID on TV on at least one of your Spectrum Receivers, and only one is responding to the above trouble shooting steps, you'll need to contact us.
If you do not meet the qualifications for CIDTV but you are interested in registering for CIDTV, contact us.
Spectrum Guide: Programming Your DVR Video
Spectrum Guide Navigation Video
Welcome to Spectrum Guide Video
Programming Your DVR Video
Spectrum Guide: Using Favorites Video
Spectrum Guide: My Library Video
Spectrum Guide: Parental Controls Video
Spectrum Guide: On Demand Video
Setting Up Spectrum TV Video
HD Autotune-Motorola Video