Spectrum Cloud Drive: Info and Troubleshooting
Spectrum Cloud Drive is an online service that lets you automatically backup and share important files like photos, videos, and music safely and securely. Because files are stored online, you can access them from any internet connection or share them with friends and family. Note: You can only access Spectrum Cloud Drive with your Spectrum .net Head of Household email address and password, which cannot contain any special characters.
Please click on the links below for Cloud Drive information and troubleshooting tips. You can also learn How To Use Your Spectrum Cloud Drive.
- Your important files and documents can be scheduled for automatic back up.
- Backup should be used as an archive for files that need to be safely stored - but aren't accessed regularly.
- Backup files on any computer where Cloud Drive Backup software is installed.
- Upload times may vary, depending on the available bandwidth and the size of the file being uploaded. Faster bandwidth speeds will result in faster upload and download performance.
- Control your shared files:
- Easily share folders and files with friends and family.
- Set an expiration date on shared files.
- Address book: view and manage contacts and their associated sharing settings.
- Share full resolution pictures. Spectrum Cloud Drive will not reduce the resolution of your uploaded photos.
- You can easily drag and drop files directly from your desktop using https://clouddrive.charter.net/ .
- Spectrum Cloud Drive remains active for our customers who place their services on vacation.
- Windows - Compatible with Windows XP or higher.
- Mac - MacOS X version 10.5 or higher.
- PowerPC processors are not supported.
- iPad - OS 4.3 or higher.
Spectrum Cloud Drive is SAS70 Compliant. SAS70 is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for the operation of data centers. It is used by auditors to ensure compliance with standards that cover: physical security, fire suppression systems and power systems, heating and cooling systems and in general, the overall integrity of the center. The standard is used by potential customers and owners to evaluate data centers' integrity. If a data center is SAS70 certified, the user can know that the center has been evaluated against a set of standards recognized by the industry.
All customer data is triple mirrored. Spectrum Cloud Drive retains three copies of all data that enters the system; data is replicated instantaneously. Three different instances of the data exist on the platform, meaning it has been backed up three times.
If you upload a file with a virus to the Spectrum Cloud Drive:
It will be uploaded to Cloud Drive, however, the virus will not affect the Cloud Drive.
Additionally, the main login site is a secured site (https) that uses standard 128-bit encryption. When the data is in flight, it is transferred through SSL at 128 bit, which is the same level of security online banking uses. At rest, the data is scrambled so it is unreadable or manipulatable if attacked from an outside threat.
Once logged into the Spectrum Cloud Drive website, you can download and install the Spectrum Cloud Drive Desktop software.
- Click the Software link in the upper right section of the web page.
- Click the Download button to begin the download process.
- Save and then run the downloaded file.
- After running the downloaded software, the installation process will begin.
Below are the steps for restricting access to the Backup App to only users who have administrative access or know the admin password. This is the same process as all other Windows apps:
- Navigate to the application executable (this is where you installed the application).
- Next, right-click on the application executable you want to restrict access to. In this case select the file 'OnlineBackup.SyncNShare.exe' and select Properties from the right-click menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab from the Properties window.
- Finally, select the Change settings for all users button, and in the Privilege Level section select the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and/or OK in Compatibility and Properties windows, and from there the PC Backup app can be run. Vault Explorer is a little different. Since VE is a 'Drive' the best way to secure your account so that other users on the machine can't access it is to treat it like an email account on a shared computer; don't store your credentials in the application, and log out when you're done using it.
Can't Log In
Verify you are using your Charter.net Head of Household email address when accessing your Cloud Drive account.
Verify that your CAPS lock and Number lock are off.
Try to Sign In to email on charter.net and, if prompted, Retrieve Your Username or Reset Your Password. If you still can't log in to Cloud Drive, please Contact Us for more help.