Spectrum Cloud Drive: Info and Troubleshooting
Use the quick links below to navigate to a section of your choice. For additional support, visit How to Use Your Spectrum Cloud Drive.
- Your important files and documents can be scheduled for automatic back up.
- Backup should be used as an archive for files that need to be safely stored, but aren't accessed regularly.
- Backup files on any computer where Cloud Drive Backup software is installed.
- Upload times may vary, depending on the available bandwidth and size of files being uploaded. Faster bandwidth speeds will result in faster upload and download performance.
- Control your shared files:
- Easily share folders and files with friends and family.
- Set an expiration date on shared files.
- Address book: View and manage contacts and their associated sharing settings.
- Share full resolution pictures. Spectrum Cloud Drive won't reduce the resolution of your uploaded photos.
- You can easily drag and drop files directly from your desktop using https://clouddrive.charter.net/ .
- Spectrum Cloud Drive remains active for our customers who place their services on vacation.
- Windows: Compatible with Windows XP or higher.
- Mac: MacOS X version 10.5 or higher.
- PowerPC processors aren't supported.
- iPad: OS 4.3 or higher.
Spectrum Cloud Drive is SAS70 Compliant. SAS70 is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for the operation of data centers. It's used by auditors to ensure compliance with standards that cover: physical security, fire suppression systems and power systems, heating and cooling systems and in general, the overall integrity of the center. The standard is used by potential customers and owners to evaluate data centers' integrity. If a data center is SAS70 certified, the user can know that the center has been evaluated against a set of standards recognized by the industry.
The main login site is a secured site (https) that uses standard 128-bit encryption. Files are transferred through SSL at 128 bit, which is the same level of security online banking uses. Files stored on Spectrum Cloud Drive are protected from any outside threats.
Spectrum Cloud Drive retains three copies of all data that enters the system, and data is replicated instantaneously. Three different instances of the data exist on the platform, meaning it has been backed up three times. Uploaded files containing a virus won't affect Spectrum Cloud Drive.
Our policies don't prohibit you from using Spectrum Cloud Drive to back up files that you have sufficient rights to store for your own personal use. Review Spectrum Cloud Drive Terms of Service.
Once logged into the Spectrum Cloud Drive website, you can download and install the Spectrum Cloud Drive Desktop software:
- Open the Software link in the upper right section of the web page, then select Download.
- Save, then Run the downloaded file.
- Installation will begin.
You can restrict access of the Backup App to users who have administrative access or know the admin password. The following information will help you manage access permissions.
- Navigate to the application executable (this is where you installed the application).
- Right-click on the application executable you want to restrict access to. In this case, select OnlineBackup.SyncNShare.exe, then Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab from the Properties window.
- Choose Change settings for all users.
- Locate the Privilege Level section and select the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
- Select Apply or OK in Compatibility and Properties windows. From there, the PC Backup app can be run.
Can't Log In
- Verify you're using your Spectrum.net Head of Household email address.
- Ensure CAPS and Number lock are off.
- Try to Log In to email on Spectrum.net. If prompted, Retrieve Your Username or Reset Your Password.
- Contact us if you still can't log in to Cloud Drive.